All Ball FloraPlant varieties listed herein are covered by the terms and conditions of the Flowering Only License Agreement. Many are also protected by U.S. Patents and/or Plant Breeders’ Rights in Canada and elsewhere. By opening a box of Ball FloraPlant varieties, customers signify agreement with the terms and conditions of the Flowering-Only License.
A printable copy of the Flowering-Only License is available here
- Allows for the growing and selling of “Finished Plants,” defined as plants grown for at least five weeks in a 3-in. (7.5-cm) size pot/container or larger for at least four (4) weeks from planting of a rooted cutting, and seven (7) weeks from planting of an unrooted cutting.
- All finished product must be sold with a Ball supplied or approved label or tag.
- Sale of rooted or unrooted cuttings to any other company or individual is strictly prohibited as is propagation and/or the taking of tip cuttings.
A copy can also be obtained from Royalty Administration International at (800) 472-4724. RAI has been appointed as our licensing agent in the United States.
Canada Growers, please contact Ball FloraPlant Licensing Administration at (630) 588-3111.
A propagation license is a royalty bearing license that must be signed and returned to receive stock plants or take cuttings.
A propagation license is only available for Ball FloraPlant Geranium and New Guinea Impatiens varieties.
Propagation of these varieties without a license is strictly prohibited.
Contact information to obtain a propagation license:
U.S. Growers: Royalty Administration International at (800) 472-4724.
Canada Growers: Ball FloraPlant Licensing Administration at (630) 588-3111.
Licensed Propagation Terms
- Any cuttings taken from the licensed plants must be used for finished production only.
- Any and all growing done under this license must be performed solely at the “ship to” address as shown on the shipping documents for the licensed plants.
- Any and all growing done under this license shall be solely for the purpose of producing flowering (finished) plants for U.S. and Canada sales.
- “Finished Plants” are defined as plants grown for at least five (5) weeks in a 3-in. (7.5-cm) size pot/container or larger for at least four (4) weeks from planting of a rooted cutting, and seven (7) weeks from planting of an unrooted cutting.
- Licensee is not allowed to sell or transfer to any party unrooted cuttings, rooted cuttings, or young (prefinished) plants of these varieties at any time.